“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.”
What would you have taken if you were asked to?
I bet 80% of you would have said the red pill, 15% the blue pill, 4% both (uh?), and maybe 1% would have said none. So, what’s the right answer? Neither one, because it doesn’t really matter since you’re living in real life. End of the story.
Wait! Shouldn’t I tell you about taking the red pill in life? Ok, just because you are asking…
What is taking the red pill anyway?
In reality, taking the red pill in life means approaching things in a way you weren’t expected to at first. Like a young hacker who find a way to enter confidential information. He wasn’t supposed to do it, but his curiosity and pride were way higher that the fear of getting caught, so he does it anyway. He’s taking the red pill.
Some other examples of people who are constantly taking the red pill are travelers, scientists, entrepreneurs. They are all taking the red pill in some areas of their lives because they are doing new things every day, while growing and learning.
There are different ways you can take the red pill, and not all of them require doing something exciting that could appear in an action movie. Remember that to take the red pill in life, all you have to do is to consciously act in a way you weren’t supposed to initially.
If you are doing like everyone else is doing, there’s something wrong with you.
There’s something wrong because you are taking the blue pill and you are not pushing yourself out of your comfort zone. Of course it’s not always convenient to take the red pill in real life, but if you want to grow in life, then the more you take of them, the better.
There are a few tips you can take inspiration from if you want to take the red pill in your life. Below are some examples of them:
- Innovate. Innovation is changing how the old system works. When you innovate you are not sure of how the project could turn out, so you are taking risk, therefore you are taking the red pill.
- Ask why. Be like a baby who tries to understand how something works by using it in unexpected ways. Ask why when you don’t understand something and dig deeper whenever you find something interesting.
- Test the truth, but also the opposite. This one I learned with computer programming, if you are told that product x is the more (put something here) out there, test to see if any other product is doing the same claim.
- Take risk. This is my favorite one. If you don’t take risk in life, you’ll have an hard time getting something out from it.
- Change your mind. Things don’t remain the same forever, therefore test to see if what you believe is still valid today.
- Use your fantasy. You have to be creative. Taking the red pill is acting in a way you weren’t supposed to act, so you have to use your fantasy to find out those different ways.
In real life, the red pill is not what you usually think of.
Some examples of real red pills are:
- Leaving your day job. Do I have to explain why this is risky?
- Starting a new career. I’m a big fan of this. When I reach a good level at something, I tend to pick a new path and start over agan. I do this gradually, but this way I’m never bored.
- Traveling to a foreign country. It’s a red pill only if you are going to stay at least a few weeks and you have to deal with other people who are not your friends (and who probably don’t speak your language).
- Doing a habit change experiment. This is easier than the previous examples but its effects can be life changing. Some people stop smoking with a 30 days challenge, other start their own business and so on. You don’t have to do something exceptional as long as you do something every day that is affecting you thinking.
Taking the red pill it’s not always the best thing to do, you have to rest sometimes!
The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.- Bruce Lee
But don’t be tempted to make this an excuse to stop growing yourself.
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. – Bruce Lee
So do a favor to yourself. Take the red pill in your life, but do it with your head and your spirit, and you’ll reach unimaginable results.